Friday, June 3, 2016

Honoring Charlotte's Fallen Firefighter ~ with Cyndy G.

Good morning.  Today I have the honor of sharing my version of the JGW Quilt Patch Minnie.  When I first saw this I thought of the seasonal flags that my mom puts in her yard.  The great thing about these is that you can put any design on the front.  Especially Jodi's designs because they all look a little like a quilt block.

JGW Quilt Patch Minnies

Today I do my project in honor of fallen Pineville firefighter Richard Sheltra.
Yesterday would have been Sheltra’s 21st birthday.  His family delivered cookies to fire stations across Charlotte and I heard on the news that fire stations across the Country and Canada had cookies delivered in his honor to say Thank you for protecting us. 


I used JGW Stars and Stripes Cards for the quilt front.  The paper I used is the new 
Authentique paper collection Honor.  I love this paper.


How cute is the stand?  I had one just like this.  I can't wait to make more quilts.  I plan on making them for all the Holidays.  Thank you for stopping by.

Do what inspires you,
Cyndy G.

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Cyndy! I love that you already adapted this new set. The papers you chose look like fabrics. I can't wait to see what other "quilts" you will come up with! The possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. The endless possibilities is what makes this project so fun!

      Delete